From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Wee error
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2010 15:33:14 GMT
Anyway, I'll try to follow David's recommendations, but meanwhile, is
it an option to use a different JDK? I think we had other problems,
although it might have improved since then.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 5:29 PM, Sig Rinde <sig@rinde.com> wrote:
> The two should be exactly same - including JDK.
>
> Both using same (bit old now) self built Amazon image, then apt-get
> update and upgrade so they should be identical.
>

> 2010/1/26 Vassil Dichev <vdichev@apache.org>:
>> First of all, the problem should be the JDK, because if it was Lift,
>> everyone should have the same problem.
>>
>> It's possible that it worked before on the same JDK if ESME was built
>> on a different machine with, let's say, Sun's JDK. Is this possible?
>>

>> On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 5:20 PM, Sig Rinde <sig@rinde.com> wrote:
>>> think I'm confusing now so let me sum up the two errors:
>>>
>>> 1.
>>> The original issue is identical to the one that Vassil pointed to. And
>>> that is not new, and is still very much present (but I have a work
>>> around: Hit "about" then log in - the error applies only to "root" for
>>> 8080).
>>>
>>> 2.
>>> The second error here is that I cannot even build any more - much
>>> scala error messages. And that in seemingly identical environment as
>>> the one I installed on Jan 5, then restarted again on 8th - which
>>> worked.
>>>
>>> Was that better or did I confuse even more? :)

David's suggestion

problems on
to pull openjdk-6,

upgrade after starting up

up, only mishap was that
during first mvn... so
lets see now:

packages, then dies
8 packages. No other

etc.) might have changed.

a maven-related problem,

Rinde <sig@rinde.com> wrote:

> [...]
this last time, and then all
was Jan 5th) :)

out the plug-in

PM, Sig Rinde <sig@rinde.com>

install so I'm using "mvn jetty:run"

pom.xml

end:

command line returned

command

stack trace - I don't think this once

in ESME or somewhere else?

at 4:55 AM, Sig Rinde <sig@rinde.com>

over to test all fresh, so I created a new

other live one), apt-get

running 9.04 all latest.

user in default.props and commented out
in pom.xml.

and got this error:

remove the scalaVersion from pom.xml
8 source files to

thread "main"

this time :)

<esjewett@gmail.com>:

> [...]
all that detective work. Unfortunately I

is some place that I pull in the setting

API2 code. Definitely

try to look in to it.

have the time: If you add another line in

as integration admin, does that

well?

2010 at 3:27 AM, Sig Rinde <sig@rinde.com>

no difference between browsers:
on as another user, then log out in anything

no problem.

out and log on as api_test in root same problem

aws instance, not for my local instance.

diff between the two (local and aws) webapp

.svn stuff which I removed after

diff between full esme directories and found no

aws held a file named

works though, and now I know how to get in there

it'll go away with a later new

be a lift-specific problem with those browsers.