From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The release! - where we are
Date Sun, 24 Jan 2010 17:11:42 GMT
I would also add "view pools" to the list, and it wouldn't be
difficult to implement.

I should focus next on sorting out the OpenID integration, and on the
related profile editing form.

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 3:32 PM, Anne Kathrine Petterøe
<yojibee@gmail.com> wrote:
> I also cannot say when I will finish the UI right now.
> At the moment I don't even have a machine to work on as the harddisk on my Mac said thank
you and goodbye last week. I borrowed a machine, but I cannot install any new software and
I refuse to code in Word, sorry.
> Please keep your fingers crossed it will be finished tomorrow.
>
> IMO the important ones for the first release are:
> ESME-47        UNRESOLVED      Some Licensing Nits
> ESME-111       UNRESOLVED      OpenID login/signon is broken
> ESME-132       UNRESOLVED      Signup using username that already exists
>
> /Anne
>

> On 24 Jan, 2010, at 07:20 , Richard Hirsch wrote:
>
>> Thanks Ethan.  I was also looking at the long list and thinking about
>> moving stuff to the 1.1 release.
>>
>> Been also thinking about moving the UI to the next release.  What
>> about this idea:  Finish first release without the UI and then a
>> second one soon after with the UI. Knowing UI development, there are
>> probably a series of bugs that will emerge with the new UI.  I'd like
>> to avoid having to wait until all these bugs are cleared before the
>> first release.
>>
>> Once we get one release finished, the ones that follow will be easier.

>> On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 11:59 PM, Anne Kathrine Petterøe
>> <yojibee@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Yay 5 issues only, we can do this! :-)
>>> I agree with your suggestion Ethan. Our first release doesn't have to be technically
perfect, and at this point I think it is much more important to get it out the door than to
worry wether or not we have tabs on the message page.