From Anne Kathrine Petter√łe <yoji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ESME as Micro App on EcoHub?
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2010 10:36:41 GMT
Hi Mark,

I agree with Mrinal here.
Being a partner edge customer is no small barrier to cross. As partner edge customer you are
committed to a transaction of SAP software licenses, there are program fees, in addition to
ongoing requirements. The Extended Business Program maybe yes. SAP's current partner program
kills innovation from smaller companies and individual devs in my opinion. The barrier for
entry is so high, there is no way a startup which bootstraps would be able to finance it.
Or are we missing something here?

Furthermore we don't have any SAP specific code in ESME at the moment (it doesn't even run
on NetWeaver currently).
EcoHub might be interesting down the line though.

Thanks,
Anne