From Sig Rinde <...@rinde.com>
Subject Re: Wee error
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2010 16:25:11 GMT
Aye aye capt'n, will do! Done:

1. Copied full esme folder from A to B and mvn jetty:run on B (only
thing not pulled was the esme_db folder, assume that is created anew
at start up).

Result: Ya, that started!

2. Looking for changes in esme svn I did the full svn checkout
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/esme/trunk esme

Result: Oops that did not work as it's unversioned, duh... ah well etc

So something happened with whatever the svn fetches after Jan 5....
would be my educated guess.

2010/1/26 Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>:
> But we really don't know what changes happened between Jan 5 and Jan 26 in
> the packages pulled by maven. ESME might not have changed (much) but the
> packages that it uses may have changed. Of interest would be to move the
> original files from Server A to Server B to see if they build correctly.
>
> On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 4:24 PM, Sig Rinde <sig@rinde.com> wrote:
>
>> No differences as far as I can see. The two:
>>
>> Server A: Esme built w/o problems Jan 5
>> Server B: Esme build error Jan 26
>>
>> Ubuntu 9.04 - both updated before installing ESME.
>>
>> JDK same.
>>
>> Basically same-same :)
>>

>> 2010/1/26 Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yojibee@gmail.com>:
>> > What are the other differences on the two servers Sig?
>> >
>> > /Anne Kathrine
>> > Sent from my iPhone

>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-esme-dev/200910.mbox/%3Ccdbebedf0910282036j6cc888caw93358695c5c6c008@mail.gmail.com%3E

>> suggestion

>> up

only mishap was
>> that
lets see now:

8 packages. No other

might have changed.

a maven-related problem,

in the last few weeks.

<sig@rinde.com>

>> com.yahoo.platform.yui.compressor.JavaScriptCompressor.printSourceNumber(JavaScriptCompressor.java:299)

>> com.yahoo.platform.yui.compressor.JavaScriptCompressor.parse(JavaScriptCompressor.java:335)

>> com.yahoo.platform.yui.compressor.JavaScriptCompressor.<init>(JavaScriptCompressor.java:532)

>> net.sf.alchim.mojo.yuicompressor.YuiCompressorMojo.processFile(YuiCompressorMojo.java:178)

>> net.sf.alchim.mojo.yuicompressor.MojoSupport.processDir(MojoSupport.java:151)

this last time, and then
>> all
Jan 5th) :)

out the plug-in

Sig Rinde <sig@rinde.com>

so I'm using "mvn jetty:run"

command line returned

>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:579)

>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:499)

>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.forkProjectLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:924)

>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.forkLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:767)

>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:529)

>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:512)

>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:482)

>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:330)

>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:291)

>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:142)

>> org.scala_tools.maven.ScalaCompilerSupport.compile(ScalaCompilerSupport.java:124)

>> org.scala_tools.maven.ScalaCompilerSupport.doExecute(ScalaCompilerSupport.java:54)

>> org.scala_tools.maven.ScalaMojoSupport.execute(ScalaMojoSupport.java:208)

>> org.scala_tools.maven.ScalaCompilerSupport.execute(ScalaCompilerSupport.java:29)

>> org.scala_tools.maven.ScalaTestCompileMojo.execute(ScalaTestCompileMojo.java:58)

>> org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:451)

>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:558)

trace - I don't think this once

the error is in ESME or somewhere

you running that results in this

4:55 AM, Sig Rinde <sig@rinde.com>

to test all fresh, so I created a new

base image as the other live one),
9.04 all latest.

in default.props and commented out
in pom.xml.

got this error:

the scalaVersion from pom.xml
files to

in thread "main"

>> scala.tools.nsc.symtab.Symbols$Symbol.toplevelClass(Symbols.scala:940)

>> scala.tools.nsc.symtab.Symbols$Symbol.toplevelClass(Symbols.scala:942)

>> scala.tools.nsc.symtab.Symbols$Symbol.toplevelClass(Symbols.scala:942)

>> scala.tools.nsc.symtab.Symbols$Symbol.toplevelClass(Symbols.scala:942)

>> scala.tools.nsc.symtab.Symbols$Symbol.toplevelClass(Symbols.scala:942)

this time :)

<esjewett@gmail.com>:

> [...]
all that detective work. Unfortunately I

test on. :-(

is some place that I pull in the setting

user other than in the API2 code.
try to look in to it.

have the time: If you add another line in

a second user as integration admin, does

the web interface as well?

2010 at 3:27 AM, Sig Rinde <sig@rinde.com

sleuth work:

difference between browsers:
on as another user, then log out in anything

then no problem.
out and log on as api_test in root same
>> problem

for the aws instance, not for my local

is OS X)
between the two (local and aws) webapp

(except the .svn stuff which I removed

between full esme directories and found no

and that esme on aws held a file named

though, and now I know how to get in
>> there

and assume it'll go away with a later
>> new

a lift-specific problem with those browsers.