From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issues currently assigned to release 1.0 that I would like to change
Date Sat, 23 Jan 2010 21:00:23 GMT
Now that all the excitement has subsided a bit, I'm looking into
changing the release structure (getting rid of 1.1 for the moment,
specifically). I don't see any way to change releases or components. I
assume I don't have access. To whom do I send a request for a change?

Ethan

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 5:42 PM, Anne Kathrine Petter√łe
<yojibee@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> exactly the wrong thing to do, especially in the rampup to a release.
>> I'd much prefer that Release 1.1 be empty at the moment and then we
>> discuss exactly what issues get put into the release. More food for
>> thought.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ethan
>>

>> Changed to "Resolved - Fixed":
>>
>> 1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-53 - Implement access
>> pools (See issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-71 for
>> remaining pool-related functionality)
>> 2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-40 - Static Texts in
>> Resource File
>> 3. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-125 - Change Date format
>> to make lists sortable: Users and Streams pages
>>

>> Changed to "Resolved - Won't fix":
>>
>> 1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-102 - Ability to add
>> tags to message are missing
>>

>> Move to Release 1.1:
>>
>> 1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-143 - HTTP Post Actions
>> should post a message with the results of the HTTP post action
>> 2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-107 - Harmonize code to
>> display of users
>> 3. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-109 - Harmonize
>> tag/found word searches
>> 4. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-18 - JMX support
>> 5. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-16 - Unifying server
>> calls (JSON-related)
>> 6. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-122 - Message when user
>> is deleted from a pool is missing
>> 7. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-119 - Messages for Action
>> Page
>> 8. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-121 - Messages for Streams
>> Page
>> 9. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-120 - Messages for Track
>> Page are missing
>>

>> Needs more discussion or more information:
>>
>> 1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-117 - Current Filter
>> Info on Streams page <-- Is this functionality ready for or required
>> for a 1.0 release?
>> 2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-152 - Posting with
>> Japanese characters cause problems <-- We need a failing test
>> 3. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-47 - Some Licensing Nits
>> (turned out to be more than a nit, I'm afraid...)
>>

>> On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Ethan Jewett <esjewett@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Yup, I just didn't list all the items, including ESME-111, that I had
>> > no problem with. I only listed the ones I wanted to take out of
>> > release 1.0 in some way.
>> >
>> > And yes, I did see David's tweet on Oauth. Good news. The likelihood
>> > of my starting to write that functionality is looking more and more
>> > remote over the next few months.
>> >
>> > Of course, it doesn't really address the authorization/authentication
>> > issues I identified earlier and *still* haven't sent to the Lift list.

When