From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Posting message to pool strips tags - Bug?
Date Sun, 03 Jan 2010 15:52:59 GMT
Hi,

I've got Jira issue 151
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-151) created because Sig
(Thingamy) is reporting issues posting messages to pools.
Specifically, tags are stripped when posting to a pool.

The reason is little code snippet in the UserActor.scala file:

        val tagLst = pool match {
          case Empty => tags.removeDuplicates.map(Tag.findOrCreate)
          case _ => Nil
        }

It removes tags when a message is posted to a pool.

Is there here for a reason? Is there a security reason? It's
definitely something we need to fix, but I want to be sure that I'm
not exposing messages in a pool through the tag UI.

I think I will go ahead and fix this so that Sig can continue, but if
there is something else that needs to be adjusted, please let me know
and I'll work on that as well.

Thanks,
Ethan