From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Search questions
Date Fri, 01 Jan 2010 17:41:42 GMT
I'm testing out the search functionality a bit and I've got a couple
of questions:

1. Search doesn't appear to be working on
http://esmecloudserverapache.dickhirsch.staxapps.net/  Or rather, it's
working, but it only has messages in the index from around Dec 15th
and 16th. It seems to work fine when I build locally.

2. It looks like search filters messages by people I follow. When I
follow a new user, their messages start showing up in my search. When
I unfollow, those messages no longer show up in my search. Was this by
design? Would people be open to at least allowing an option to search
across all messages I have *access* to (by pool), rather than just
those of people I follow?

3. I'm thinking of using search in a way where I would want to search
*only* based on tags and *not* on the message text itself. Is this
currently possible? If not, can we set it up?

I'll be looking into this further on my own, but any pointers or
answers would be much appreciated.

Ethan