From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Dealing with copyright issue (See ESME-47)
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 21:31:25 GMT
----- Original Message ----

Technically it says the copyright holder must do that, not the ASF.
I personally don't believe there are any statutory issues with moving
the copyright notice to NOTICE, and am certain it's not a tort to do that.
But the policy in question doesn't cover that act.  If you'd like it
to cover that, this is the wrong list for that conversation.

> The same policy that is now being
> discarded in light of a compromise that makes very little sense and
> sets a dangerous precedent?

It is neither a compromise nor a precedent.  It is a decision
in line with ASF policy and made by the project (and apparently
supported by members of the IPMC).

> No, I guess I have very little to add. But don't ask for my +1.

Trust me I wasn't.