From Gianugo Rabellino <g.rabell...@sourcesense.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Dealing with copyright issue (See ESME-47)
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 21:35:44 GMT
On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 10:31 PM, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]

Oh, please - let's not go there. The fact that the policy misses a (4)
remove the file in question still doesn't mean the "must" is
irrelevant. That would be playing with words.

>> The same policy that is now being
>> discarded in light of a compromise that makes very little sense and
>> sets a dangerous precedent?
>
> It is neither a compromise nor a precedent.  It is a decision
> in line with ASF policy and made by the project (and apparently
> supported by members of the IPMC).

I can only respect your opinion, and respectfully disagree. I hope you
will do the same and accept that I'm worried we are opening a backdoor
where the next David Pollack might argue that he shouldn't remove
copyright notices as there is evidence of a policy being ignored in
the past.

--
Gianugo Rabellino
M: +44 779 5364 932 / +39 389 44 26 846