From Gianugo Rabellino <g.rabell...@sourcesense.com>
Subject Re: Can we remove "Copyright WorldWide Conferencing , LLC" in source files?
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2010 19:21:05 GMT
On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 7:22 PM, David Pollak
<feeder.of.the.bears@gmail.com> wrote:

> The Apache 2.0 license, the license I granted in the code that I've
> contributed to the ESME project, states in section 4.3:
>
> You must retain, in the Source form of any Derivative Works that You
> distribute, all copyright, patent, trademark, and attribution notices from
> the Source form of the Work, excluding those notices that do not pertain to
> any part of the Derivative Works
>
> This was part of terms of my license grant in the code I developed for
> ESME.  Can you point to a place in the CLA where I have abrogated this part
> of the license in favor of ASF rules?

I'm afraid you got it wrong. You haven't licensed code to Apache under
the AL - by signing a CLA, and committing code to Subversion, you have
donated your code to the ASF (or, more strictly speaking, licensed
your a copyright). It is the ASF, then, licensing it under the AL. If
it was not your intention to license the whole copyright, and if you
are not content with being recognized in the NOTICE file, that code
will have to go.

--
Gianugo Rabellino
M: +44 779 5364 932 / +39 389 44 26 846