From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release-related questions / discussion
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2010 14:06:08 GMT
On Wed January 27 2010 4:45:00 pm Richard Hirsch wrote:
> I'm now intently studying the incubator release page
> (http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html)
>
> @committers: It looks like all commiters should add their public keys
> to the KEYS file.

Not all committers NEED to do this.   Really, it's just needed for the
committers that are doing releases.   AKA: the release managers.   If a
committer doesn't think they'll be doing a release, they don't need to bother.
(and they can always add their key later if that situation changes)

> Suggestion for release name: "apache-esme-incubating"
> Subversion tag for the release: "apache-esme-incubating_1_0"
>
> I like this version of the RELEASE NOTES file:
> http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/photark/M1-incubating/RELEASE_NOTES
>
> I like this version of a change log:
> http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/tika/CHANGES-0.1-incubating.txt
>
> A few questions for our mentors:
>
> 1. How do we get a directory "esme" at
> http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/? Do we have to create a JIRA
> item?
> 2. Where do we store the results from rat? In SVN or in the release?

Wherever you want.  For cxf, we stored them in SVN in a top level "etc"
directory so they get tagged and such with the release.  We can then compare
the "?" lines from release to release very easy .

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org