From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Dealing with copyright issue (See ESME-47)
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2010 02:19:14 GMT
----- Original Message ----

Reading the recent archives of this mailing list doesn't leave me with that
impression.  I get the sense David's idea of how to treat IP is the NASCAR
approach, where everyone adds their own copyright statement to whatever source
files they happen to touch.  That is common in the FSF world, where people are
quite interested in relicensing their individual work to third parties.  It is
anathema here, because we tend to view a project's codebase as the community's
intellectual commons.