From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Posting response messages from HTTP Post actions
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 14:10:07 GMT
I agree that response messages should just be posted to the pool that
the original message came from.  I'm assuming that might not be too
difficult.

The more difficult question is how do you turn the response posting on
and off. Somehow the flag belongs in the action part of the action.
What format do we use - "responserepost=true"?

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 2:44 PM, Ethan Jewett <esjewett@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree, I think we need something else. Based on the previous
> discussion, I wouldn't want to see the patch I submitted in my
> codebase.
>
> Probably we need to at least send the response to the pool it came
> from and have a flag that enables the response posting (it should not
> be the default).
>
> I did think about the idea of sending the responses to a specified
> pool. I think this introduces a real danger of facilitating messages
> escaping their pools (since most responses will include all or part of
> the posted message).
>
> Ethan
>
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 7:04 AM, Anne Kathrine Petter√łe
> <yojibee@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I agree with you Vassil. We need to keep the default timeline as clean as possible
and let the users chose what they want to see.