From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Short update: load tests and CE
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 12:18:16 GMT
If I remember correctly, david mentioned discussions of the scala list
about supporting 1.5. So the problem may lie there.

D.

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Anne Kathrine Petterøe
<yojibee@gmail.com> wrote:
> ESME/lift has at least changed more in a year than NetWeaver has LOL.
> I wanted to compare the obvious differences between all servers (not only NW) to see
if there is anything else than the JDK we should look at.

> Markus,
> We think that the problem is that some JDK 1.6 specific code has snuck into ESME.
> David wrote this last month: "The issue *may* be that we compiled Lift and ESME with
JDK 1.6 and perhaps a 1.6ism crept into the code. Anyway, I've got the source to Lift and
ESME and I will make it work." AFAIK no one has had the time to look at this yet.

> /Anne
>
> On 15. des. 2009, at 13.09, Markus Kohler wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> As I mentioned already it also doesn't run on jetty with jdk 1.5. But it
>> does run with 1.6 on a tomcat based server that I tried as well.
>> Therefore I think it would make sense to get it running on jetty/tomcat on
>> JDK 1.5 first just because then there's one unknown less
>>
>> Regards,
>> Markus
>>

>> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> I don't know what changed to causethe problem - ESME has changed a lot
>>> since then - I'm assuming lift has changed as well.  I'm also assuming
>>> that we were using jdk 1.6 back then as well

>>> NetWeaver.

>>> run
>>> have
>>> issue