incubator-esme-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tests failing to run with "mvn clean test" - trunk/server revision 886861
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 19:22:19 GMT
Here is the URL to the console output from the last Hudson build -
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/ESME/30/console -- you'll
notice that the error is different from Ethan's initial exception .

D.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 8:21 PM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry. I just checked the last Hudosn build (  ) and the exception is
> different. It is the one we've had for a while.
>
> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireExecutionException: null;
> nested exception is java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: null
> java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
>        at org.apache.esme.lib.MsgParserSpecsAsTest.<init>(MsgParseTest.scala:45)
>        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
>        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
>        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
>        at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355)
>        at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)
>        at org.specs.runner.JUnitSuiteRunner.testSuite(JUnitSuiteRunner.scala:37)
>        at org.specs.runner.JUnitSuiteRunner.run(JUnitSuiteRunner.scala:45)
>        at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4TestSet.execute(JUnit4TestSet.java:62)
>        at org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTestSet(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:140)
>        at org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:127)
>        at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:177)
>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>        at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireBooter.java:338)
>        at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java:997)
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Looking for Connection
> Identifier ConnectionIdentifier(lift) but failed to find either a JNDI
> data source with the name lift or a lift connection manager with the
> correct name
>        at net.liftweb.mapper.DB$$anonfun$3$$anonfun$apply$8.apply(DB.scala:102)
>
> Still Ethan is correct in saying that this other exception occures in
> the build process. One reason may the use of S.? in the  User.scala
> file. This was a change that I recently made.
>
>     at org.apache.esme.model.User$.org$apache$esme$model$User$$profileChanged(User.scala:64)
>
> D.
>
> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 7:52 PM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I had the same problem yesterday. Don't know where it came from -
>> since I didn't change the test files. I agree with Ethan that it is
>> the same problem in Hudson. I'd like to get it solved, because then we
>> can follow the tests in a "clean" environment that Hudson represents.
>>
>> D.
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 7:18 PM, David Pollak
>> <feeder.of.the.bears@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I just pulled the latest sources and did a build.  All works just fine.
>>>
>>> Do you have something else running on port 8989?
>>>
>>> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 9:49 AM, Ethan Jewett <esjewett@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi all,
>>>>
>>>> Currently tests are failing to run for me with a "mvn clean test" in
>>>> the trunk server on the latest revision (886861). Can someone confirm?
>>>> We can then identify what check-in broke the build and fix it.
>>>>
>>>> Failure is below, which seems to match the failure occurring in Hudson.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> Ethan
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> 2009-12-03 12:45:51.137:INFO::Started SocketConnector@0.0.0.0:8989
>>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireExecutionException: null;
>>>> nested exception is java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: null
>>>> java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
>>>>        at
>>>> org.apache.esme.lib.MsgParserSpecsAsTest.<init>(MsgParseTest.scala:45)
>>>>        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
>>>> Method)
>>>>        at
>>>> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>>>        at
>>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
>>>>        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
>>>>        at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355)
>>>>        at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)
>>>>        at
>>>> org.specs.runner.JUnitSuiteRunner.testSuite(JUnitSuiteRunner.scala:37)
>>>>        at org.specs.runner.JUnitSuiteRunner.run(JUnitSuiteRunner.scala:45)
>>>>        at
>>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4TestSet.execute(JUnit4TestSet.java:62)
>>>>        at
>>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTestSet(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:140)
>>>>        at
>>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:127)
>>>>        at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:177)
>>>>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>>>        at
>>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>>>        at
>>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>>>>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>>>>        at
>>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireBooter.java:338)
>>>>        at
>>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java:997)
>>>> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Attempted to use resource
>>>> bundles outside of an initialized S scope. S only usable when
>>>> initialized, such as during request processing. Did you call S.? from
>>>> Boot?
>>>>        at net.liftweb.http.S$.resourceBundles(S.scala:611)
>>>>        at net.liftweb.http.S$.$qmark(S.scala:637)
>>>>        at net.liftweb.http.S$.$qmark(S.scala:655)
>>>>        at
>>>> org.apache.esme.model.User$.org$apache$esme$model$User$$profileChanged(User.scala:64)
>>>>        at org.apache.esme.model.User$$anonfun$1.apply(User.scala:50)
>>>>        at org.apache.esme.model.User$$anonfun$1.apply(User.scala:50)
>>>>        at
>>>> net.liftweb.mapper.MetaMapper$$anonfun$eachField$2.apply(MetaMapper.scala:1177)
>>>>        at
>>>> net.liftweb.mapper.MetaMapper$$anonfun$eachField$2.apply(MetaMapper.scala:1177)
>>>>        at scala.List.foreach(List.scala:841)
>>>>        at
>>>> net.liftweb.mapper.MetaMapper$class.eachField(MetaMapper.scala:1177)
>>>>        at net.liftweb.mapper.MetaMapper$class.net
>>>> $liftweb$mapper$MetaMapper$$_afterSave(MetaMapper.scala:1190)
>>>>        at
>>>> net.liftweb.mapper.MetaMapper$$anonfun$15.apply(MetaMapper.scala:706)
>>>>        at
>>>> net.liftweb.mapper.MetaMapper$$anonfun$15.apply(MetaMapper.scala:643)
>>>>        at net.liftweb.mapper.DB$$anonfun$use$1.apply(DB.scala:424)
>>>>        at net.liftweb.util.DynoVar$class.run(ThreadGlobal.scala:91)
>>>>        at net.liftweb.mapper.DB$currentConn$.run(DB.scala:411)
>>>>        at net.liftweb.mapper.DB$.use(DB.scala:421)
>>>>        at net.liftweb.mapper.MetaMapper$class.save(MetaMapper.scala:642)
>>>>        at org.apache.esme.model.User$.save(User.scala:49)
>>>>        at net.liftweb.mapper.Mapper$$anonfun$save$1.apply(Mapper.scala:88)
>>>>        at net.liftweb.mapper.Mapper$$anonfun$save$1.apply(Mapper.scala:88)
>>>>        at net.liftweb.util.ThreadGlobal.doWith(ThreadGlobal.scala:67)
>>>>        at net.liftweb.mapper.Safe$.runSafe(Safe.scala:44)
>>>>        at net.liftweb.mapper.Mapper$class.runSafe(Mapper.scala:54)
>>>>        at org.apache.esme.model.User.runSafe(User.scala:181)
>>>>        at net.liftweb.mapper.Mapper$class.save(Mapper.scala:87)
>>>>        at org.apache.esme.model.User.save(User.scala:181)
>>>>        at org.apache.esme.JettyTestServer$.start(JettySetup.scala:65)
>>>>        at org.apache.esme.lib.MsgParserSpecs$.<init>(MsgParseTest.scala:49)
>>>>        at org.apache.esme.lib.MsgParserSpecs$.<clinit>(MsgParseTest.scala)
>>>>        ... 19 more
>>>> [ERROR] There are test failures.
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Lift, the simply functional web framework http://liftweb.net
>>> Beginning Scala http://www.apress.com/book/view/1430219890
>>> Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
>>> Surf the harmonics
>>>
>>
>

Mime
View raw message