incubator-esme-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tests failing to run with "mvn clean test" - trunk/server revision 886861
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 19:21:19 GMT
Sorry. I just checked the last Hudosn build (  ) and the exception is
different. It is the one we've had for a while.

org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireExecutionException: null;
nested exception is java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: null
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
	at org.apache.esme.lib.MsgParserSpecsAsTest.<init>(MsgParseTest.scala:45)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
	at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355)
	at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)
	at org.specs.runner.JUnitSuiteRunner.testSuite(JUnitSuiteRunner.scala:37)
	at org.specs.runner.JUnitSuiteRunner.run(JUnitSuiteRunner.scala:45)
	at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4TestSet.execute(JUnit4TestSet.java:62)
	at org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTestSet(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:140)
	at org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:127)
	at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:177)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
	at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireBooter.java:338)
	at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java:997)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Looking for Connection
Identifier ConnectionIdentifier(lift) but failed to find either a JNDI
data source with the name lift or a lift connection manager with the
correct name
	at net.liftweb.mapper.DB$$anonfun$3$$anonfun$apply$8.apply(DB.scala:102)

Still Ethan is correct in saying that this other exception occures in
the build process. One reason may the use of S.? in the  User.scala
file. This was a change that I recently made.

     at org.apache.esme.model.User$.org$apache$esme$model$User$$profileChanged(User.scala:64)

D.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 7:52 PM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
> I had the same problem yesterday. Don't know where it came from -
> since I didn't change the test files. I agree with Ethan that it is
> the same problem in Hudson. I'd like to get it solved, because then we
> can follow the tests in a "clean" environment that Hudson represents.
>
> D.
>
> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 7:18 PM, David Pollak
> <feeder.of.the.bears@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I just pulled the latest sources and did a build.  All works just fine.
>>
>> Do you have something else running on port 8989?
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 9:49 AM, Ethan Jewett <esjewett@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Currently tests are failing to run for me with a "mvn clean test" in
>>> the trunk server on the latest revision (886861). Can someone confirm?
>>> We can then identify what check-in broke the build and fix it.
>>>
>>> Failure is below, which seems to match the failure occurring in Hudson.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Ethan
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> 2009-12-03 12:45:51.137:INFO::Started SocketConnector@0.0.0.0:8989
>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireExecutionException: null;
>>> nested exception is java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: null
>>> java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.esme.lib.MsgParserSpecsAsTest.<init>(MsgParseTest.scala:45)
>>>        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
>>> Method)
>>>        at
>>> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>>        at
>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
>>>        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
>>>        at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355)
>>>        at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)
>>>        at
>>> org.specs.runner.JUnitSuiteRunner.testSuite(JUnitSuiteRunner.scala:37)
>>>        at org.specs.runner.JUnitSuiteRunner.run(JUnitSuiteRunner.scala:45)
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4TestSet.execute(JUnit4TestSet.java:62)
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTestSet(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:140)
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:127)
>>>        at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:177)
>>>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>>        at
>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>>        at
>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>>>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireBooter.java:338)
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java:997)
>>> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Attempted to use resource
>>> bundles outside of an initialized S scope. S only usable when
>>> initialized, such as during request processing. Did you call S.? from
>>> Boot?
>>>        at net.liftweb.http.S$.resourceBundles(S.scala:611)
>>>        at net.liftweb.http.S$.$qmark(S.scala:637)
>>>        at net.liftweb.http.S$.$qmark(S.scala:655)
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.esme.model.User$.org$apache$esme$model$User$$profileChanged(User.scala:64)
>>>        at org.apache.esme.model.User$$anonfun$1.apply(User.scala:50)
>>>        at org.apache.esme.model.User$$anonfun$1.apply(User.scala:50)
>>>        at
>>> net.liftweb.mapper.MetaMapper$$anonfun$eachField$2.apply(MetaMapper.scala:1177)
>>>        at
>>> net.liftweb.mapper.MetaMapper$$anonfun$eachField$2.apply(MetaMapper.scala:1177)
>>>        at scala.List.foreach(List.scala:841)
>>>        at
>>> net.liftweb.mapper.MetaMapper$class.eachField(MetaMapper.scala:1177)
>>>        at net.liftweb.mapper.MetaMapper$class.net
>>> $liftweb$mapper$MetaMapper$$_afterSave(MetaMapper.scala:1190)
>>>        at
>>> net.liftweb.mapper.MetaMapper$$anonfun$15.apply(MetaMapper.scala:706)
>>>        at
>>> net.liftweb.mapper.MetaMapper$$anonfun$15.apply(MetaMapper.scala:643)
>>>        at net.liftweb.mapper.DB$$anonfun$use$1.apply(DB.scala:424)
>>>        at net.liftweb.util.DynoVar$class.run(ThreadGlobal.scala:91)
>>>        at net.liftweb.mapper.DB$currentConn$.run(DB.scala:411)
>>>        at net.liftweb.mapper.DB$.use(DB.scala:421)
>>>        at net.liftweb.mapper.MetaMapper$class.save(MetaMapper.scala:642)
>>>        at org.apache.esme.model.User$.save(User.scala:49)
>>>        at net.liftweb.mapper.Mapper$$anonfun$save$1.apply(Mapper.scala:88)
>>>        at net.liftweb.mapper.Mapper$$anonfun$save$1.apply(Mapper.scala:88)
>>>        at net.liftweb.util.ThreadGlobal.doWith(ThreadGlobal.scala:67)
>>>        at net.liftweb.mapper.Safe$.runSafe(Safe.scala:44)
>>>        at net.liftweb.mapper.Mapper$class.runSafe(Mapper.scala:54)
>>>        at org.apache.esme.model.User.runSafe(User.scala:181)
>>>        at net.liftweb.mapper.Mapper$class.save(Mapper.scala:87)
>>>        at org.apache.esme.model.User.save(User.scala:181)
>>>        at org.apache.esme.JettyTestServer$.start(JettySetup.scala:65)
>>>        at org.apache.esme.lib.MsgParserSpecs$.<init>(MsgParseTest.scala:49)
>>>        at org.apache.esme.lib.MsgParserSpecs$.<clinit>(MsgParseTest.scala)
>>>        ... 19 more
>>> [ERROR] There are test failures.
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Lift, the simply functional web framework http://liftweb.net
>> Beginning Scala http://www.apress.com/book/view/1430219890
>> Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
>> Surf the harmonics
>>
>

Mime
View raw message