From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Performance update: Message size in memory
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2009 10:01:05 GMT
Markus,

Good thinking- I would also suggest that we use a singleton stemmer
for now (which would be KISS in our case).

I also had some ideas to batch indexing, we could include it on our
performance improvements list (after release 1.0?). For stemming it
might be a better idea to have a stem cache rather than a pool of
stemmers.

Rendering does happen in the thread for the search, but I guess people
won't notice a difference in performance normally. The other place
where stemming happens is the word frequencies, but in the UI that is
done as a comet snippet and pushed on demand, so there shouldn't be a
noticeable delay.

OK then, I will commit my changes today, which only involve moving
stuff to the companion object. Of course, suggestions are welcome, but
there's always room for improvement later on.