From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incremental updates?
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 08:31:42 GMT
> I thought that if we can send all messages (the last n I guess) we should
> also be able to send only the last k  new messages in one batch.
> Or is there no easy way on the server to find out which messages have not
> yet seen by the client?

There is, it's just that the timeline is redisplayed with only the
amount of messages that are sent from the server in this batch. It
should be possible to merge in with the existing list of messages, of
course. As always, it's worth spending some time thinking up front
whether it makes sense to do this.