From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tests failing to run with "mvn clean test" - trunk/server revision 886861
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2009 00:37:19 GMT
I took a look, and it is the same error but I don't think it's
necessarily the same issue. That error seems to pop up whenever the
system can't connect to a database for any reason. So, it happens when
I remove Derby from the pom.xml file entirely, for example.

I was able to completely clear out the ~.m2/ repository on my local
machine and do a "mvn clean test" from scratch. 20 minutes later, I
have a terminal output that looks almost exactly like
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/ESME/38/console except that
the tests still run fine on my local machine.

So I'm wondering if there really is something going on with Hudson. I
don't really understand what it is doing. Maybe I need to get an
account and dig into it.

Is it possible that we have a property set on the Hudson server that
makes the Boot.scala try to use PostgreSql? Would be a property
"use_prod_psql" or "use_local_psql".

Ethan

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
> Take a look at this thread from the lift mailing list:
> http://groups.google.com/group/liftweb/browse_thread/thread/7984c37a4e79dc12
>
> Maybe, the problem is somewhere else -although I don't why it would
> work locally but not on Hudson..
>

> D.
>
> On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 11:37 PM, Ethan Jewett <esjewett@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Maybe *I* am still using the old Derby Jar file, but then the
>> in-memory db shouldn't work. I'll give it a go after clearing out my
>> m2 directory this evening, hopefully.
>>
>> Ethan
>>
>> On Sunday, December 6, 2009, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Trying to figure what the problem is...
>>>
>>> Maybe, we are still using the old derby jar file...
>>>
>>> D.

as of when my email was
local changes should be