From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SAP Services in ESME (was: UI widgets for ESME)
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2009 17:54:29 GMT
On Mon December 7 2009 12:46:29 pm Bechauf, Michael wrote:
> Perhaps I did not clearly express my question. If a corporation has
> already signed http://www.apache.org/licenses/cla-corporate.txt, do
> their employees still individually need to sign
> http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt once they start contributing ?

Yes.  See:
http://apache.org/licenses/

It specifically says:

For a corporation that has assigned employees to work on an Apache project, a
Corporate CLA (CCLA) is available for contributing intellectual property via
the corporation, that may have been assigned as part of an employment
agreement. Note that a Corporate CLA does not remove the need for every
developer to sign their own CLA as an individual, to cover any of their
contributions which are not owned by the corporation signing the CCLA.

Part of the reason for that can be seen at:
http://apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#management
Under the "Individuals compose the ASF" header.

When contributing to Apache, you are representing YOURSELF, not the company
you are working for.   Thus, you need an ICLA on file.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org