From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Collaboration with Akibot
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 08:41:09 GMT
Martin Böhringer from #ubimic introduced me to Marcelo Pham who is the
CEO from Akibot.

Akibot is the first semantic actionable micro-blogging platform for
the enterprise. Akibot not only allows real-time group collaboration
and awareness through short, instant messages (like a Twitter for the
company), but it also understands those messages and, if applicable,
takes action.

A good description is provided by a ReadWriteWeb blog (
http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/akibot_an_enterprise_twitter_clone_infused_with_ai.php
).

What intrigued me about akibot was the semantic analysis of
microblogging messages.

The basic idea is that akibot functionality can complement existing
ESME functionality. We (the ESME community) aren't able to do
everything.  We should look for partners who will work with us to
further establish microblogging in the enterprise.

I've started a wiki page to describe the collaboration (
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ESME/Collaboration%20with%20Akibot
) and would appreciate any thoughts on this new collaboration

D.