From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Requesting feedback on JMX REST API...
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 04:51:22 GMT
Just had another idea.

@Andy: Is the pure JMX interface gone or just not active? I think it
would be a interesting idea to be able to turn the real JMX interface
on and off. If you can use the JMX interface (for example, behind the
firewall in an on-premise installation), you turn it on. If you are in
the cloud and can't use traditional JMX or don't have a use a
enterprise monitoring system that understands JMX (for example, in
smaller organizations), you turn it off.

That way we could have the best of both worlds.

Or another idea would be to offer a small component that reads the
REST API and creates JMX out of it. If companies want JMX instead of
REST, they could install this component. This solution might have
performance probs though....

D.

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 5:43 AM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
> Posted message about SolutionManager and REST on the SDN forum:
> http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1536884
>
> D.
>
> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 5:31 AM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Looks great.

and should only be accessable with an administrator >>account.

>> You are probably correct about the necessity of authorization added to
>> the interface but this might just be necessary for those interfaces
>> that write / change settings, What about using the lift authorization
>> mechanism here to distinguish it from the ESME user base?
>>
>>>It is worth thinking about switching to a property api like Configgy which uses
mutable data structures for properties.