incubator-esme-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Changed tests to get everything working
Date Sun, 15 Nov 2009 15:47:54 GMT
I also struggled with the tests and it took some experimenting to get
it all to work. Lots of cut and paste work. I ended up just copying
David's code into the other files :->

D.

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 4:35 PM, Ethan Jewett <esjewett@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dick,
>
> I also couldn't get the doBeforeSpec/doAfterSpec to work in David's
> API test class that uses the TestKit trait. I think it's because the
> trait requires the definition of a base URL variable and I couldn't
> figure out how to do that in a way that worked with the Specs
> doBeforeSpec approach to starting up the JettyTestServer.
>
> I'll take a look at what you did today. Thanks for figuring it out!
>
> Ethan
>
> On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 3:36 AM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I just committed all three existing tests files with little changes in
>> order to get all three working locally.  I used the lift TestKit as
>> the basis for all three test cases. I tried using Ethan's doBeforeSpec
>> { JettyTestServer.start } and doAfterSpec{ JettyTestServer.stop } in
>> all three files and it didn't work, so I just started experimenting
>> until it finally worked.
>>
>> Like I said the three tests work locally but there is the still the DB
>> problem in the Hudson environment so the tests don't work there.
>>
>> It would be good to have some sort of description either in the ESME
>> wiki or in the lift wiki that we could use as a template.
>>
>> D.
>>
>

Mime
View raw message