From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Collaboration with #ubimic
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:12:50 GMT
Hi Martin,

Thanks for contacting us regarding a collaboration.

I think it would great to collaborate on a  SAP-related use case. We
already have a series of ABAP bots that create ESME messages based on
certain activities (check-out of development components, etc.)  What
about looking an an older use case with xRPM integration that we
talked about in a blog (http://blog.esme.us/esme-bots/).

We would be glad to help you in setting up an environment and we could
also look at using our Stax test environment to integrate with the SAP
systems on the university.

What about this idea. The Stax test installation is the microblogging
environment. An ESME bot sits in your university's network and listens
to the message flow in this environment (using our new API). When
messages with a certain tag are delivered, your bot then reformats
these messages and then they are posted to the SAP system. A response
message is then posted to the Stax user saying that the operation was
a success / failure.

I think the next steps would be to further refine this idea (or
another idea) so that a developer could develop a quick prototype.

Thoughts?

D.