From David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Test Cases
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 14:19:58 GMT
On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 12:17 AM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>wrote:

> But the question is how to do perform the UI tests during the build
> process. It is also possible for each developer to test the UI locally
> before the commits but this is very inefficient.

Do you have a ticket open for this?  Today's my ESME day (once I get the
kids to school) and I would be interested in writing a few Lift testkit
examples (folks on the Lift list have been asking for them). Specifically,
testkit is (supposed) to be wired to certain hints that are emitted as part
of running the code in test mode so that it's (1) faster than selenium but
(2) it still goes through the container (an instance of Jetty is started) so
that you're getting a full-stack test (well, except for the JavaScript,
which requires the likes of selenium).

> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Vassil Dichev <vdichev@apache.org> wrote:
> > Tests and documentation are definitely priority No.1 for me for the
> > next couple of months.
> >
> > From my previous experience with Cactus the framework starts the
> > container and connects to the test runner inside the container, which
> > then has all the contexts it needs. We are already doing the same
> > thing by running an embedded Jetty server, so I think we don't need
> > it.
> >
> > Vassil
> >

> > On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 10:02 AM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> Based on the fact that I made a build yesterday that led to a
> >> non-functional app on stax, I started to think about tests in general
> >> and the fact that we will soon need more tests to have some degree of
> >> quality assurance.
> >>
> >> I've started a wiki page
> >> (http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ESME/Tests) with test
> >> cases.
> >>
> >> Ideally, we should have some sort of a test driver that tests the UI
> >> as well during the build process. If I remember correctly, cactus has
> >> something like this. I'll take a look and see if I find something that
> >> we can use.
> >>
> >> D.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Surf the harmonics