From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Broken OpenID
Date Sun, 29 Nov 2009 07:47:26 GMT
> I looked at the compass stuff the other day. What is strange is that
> it doesn't even work if you use the file-based indexing. I put traces
> everywhere in the search routine and still didn't see anything. It
> would great to be able to see what the compass indexes include but I
> didn't find a way to do this.

I found Luke, which is supposedly able to browse a lucene index:
http://www.getopt.org/luke/. I didn't see any results, not sure if
this is because it doesn't work or because the index is empty. I'm
almost sure nothing gets indexed, though, because on my machine I only
get 3 files of total size 48 bytes :)

What I don't see is how the search data gets saved. I expected to find
this in some of the save/commit/create hooks of lift (afterSave,
afterCreate or afterCommit), but I don't see it even in our old
version on googlecode. I don't remember who committed the compass
code, maybe we should ask Darren?