From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HELP] is old REST API broken ! Showstopper!
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 12:21:28 GMT
> I think the old REST API is currently broken! The authentication no
> longer works. I can send messages (http://localhost:8080/api/send_msg)
> without having to perform a successful login via api first.  Any user
> is credited as sending the message.
>
> I haven't used this API in a while and now it appears to be broken.
> Can somebody please check this out and see if my suspicion is correct.
> If yes, then can somebody fix this bug. It is really a show-stopper.

I noticed some time ago that the Twitter API doesn't work and thought
that it's only specific to the Twitter API or the related
HttpBasicAuthentication in Lift. I will try to check what's going on
tonight.

BTW this bug is actually blocking ESME-54, because the Twitter API
relies on this to figure out which messages it should show to the
current user and which it should filter out.