From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Not a lot of ESME output from me today
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 18:20:01 GMT
> With regard to running tests on Hudson, I think failing tests are
> perfect, but the tests need to run through without exceptions (they
> can fail, but they can't have uncaught exceptions ... I think) or they
> will severely reduce the usability of the test suite and of the Hudson
> integration. Is that right?

The result of a test can be an explicit failure (assertion) or an
error (exception). Both of these mean the same thing- the test does
not pass with OK!

In this case, the port the test is trying to open, is already open by
some other process. This could even be the same test suite if there
are more than one Jetty instance started by several tests.