From Markus Kohler <markus.koh...@gmail.com>
Subject Incremental updates?
Date Sat, 28 Nov 2009 08:12:04 GMT
Hi all,
As far as I can see by looking into the HTTP responses with Firebug, ESME
always sends the whole list of messages back to the browser. Uncompressed
this was in my case about 43 Kbyte( haven't checked how much it is
compressed), which is significant for a single message update.

I wonder whether there would be a way in Lift to incrementally update the
page e.g. sending only the new messages, insert them into the DOM and maybe
delete the last messages from the DOM to avoid an unlimited increase of the
browsers memory usage.

Where could I look in the code to understand, how it is currently done?

Regards,
Markus

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it" -- Alan Kay