From Markus Kohler <markus.koh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Memory allocation analysis
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 08:14:27 GMT
Hi,
Sorry of be brief yesterday. I was too tired I guess.

Basically I meant that we should just go for a simple custom formatter and
not try to improve the existing textile formatter.
Optimizing the textile formatter would probably mean optimizing the Scala
parser combinator in general, which is probably hard and risky, because all
parsers written using the combinator would still have to work.

David suggested ANTLR and maybe we should give it a try and write a custom
formatter.
Another crazy idea that just came to my mind would be to use javascript on
the client side to do the formatting. Not sure whether this could be easily
support all the features ESME needs, but markdown formatting using
javascript is possible :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1319657/javascript-to-convert-markdown-textile-to-html-and-ideally-back-to-markdown-te
points to http://attacklab.net/showdown/

Stackoverflow itself does on the fly formatting, which I think is a nifty
feature.

Regards,
Markus

Regards,
Markus

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it" -- Alan Kay