From Markus Kohler <markus.koh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance Tests - Suggestions and Ideas
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 14:12:18 GMT
Hi Vassil,
Sure, modern VM's are quite efficient for short lived objects, but they
still have limits as soon as you go multi threaded. Sun has IMHO send the
wrong message out in this regard.

Just one number, sending one short message (10 chars ?) caused  70 Mbyte to
be allocated in net.liftweb.textile.TextileParser$.toHtml(java.lang.String,
scala.Option, boolean)
 and  (probably) freed them afterwards. More details later ...

Regards,
Markus