incubator-esme-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Changed tests to get everything working
Date Sun, 15 Nov 2009 16:21:17 GMT
Yup, I was just looking at that. I didn't get the chance to look at
how TestKit works, but I will be digging into that next, I'm sure.

Ethan

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 10:47 AM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
> I also struggled with the tests and it took some experimenting to get
> it all to work. Lots of cut and paste work. I ended up just copying
> David's code into the other files :->
>
> D.
>
> On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 4:35 PM, Ethan Jewett <esjewett@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Dick,
>>
>> I also couldn't get the doBeforeSpec/doAfterSpec to work in David's
>> API test class that uses the TestKit trait. I think it's because the
>> trait requires the definition of a base URL variable and I couldn't
>> figure out how to do that in a way that worked with the Specs
>> doBeforeSpec approach to starting up the JettyTestServer.
>>
>> I'll take a look at what you did today. Thanks for figuring it out!
>>
>> Ethan
>>
>> On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 3:36 AM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I just committed all three existing tests files with little changes in
>>> order to get all three working locally.  I used the lift TestKit as
>>> the basis for all three test cases. I tried using Ethan's doBeforeSpec
>>> { JettyTestServer.start } and doAfterSpec{ JettyTestServer.stop } in
>>> all three files and it didn't work, so I just started experimenting
>>> until it finally worked.
>>>
>>> Like I said the three tests work locally but there is the still the DB
>>> problem in the Hudson environment so the tests don't work there.
>>>
>>> It would be good to have some sort of description either in the ESME
>>> wiki or in the lift wiki that we could use as a template.
>>>
>>> D.
>>>
>>
>

Mime
View raw message