From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deleting user from access pool
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 04:51:30 GMT
Regarding the first part (deleting users from a pool) - here are my ideas
* We have no idea whether he has viewed the messages or not.
* Of course, he should be able to continue see his own messages even
if they were sent to a pool to which he no longer belongs.
* The user's messages remain in the pool whether or not the user is in the pool.
* Since the user can no longer view the pool, he can only view his own
messages but not those of other users.
* Question: Should we delete all old messages from the pool to which
the user was a member or should we just prevent new messages from the
now-forbidden pool going to the user. I prefer the second choice.

Thoughts?

To the second point regarding the deletion of pools. I think this
needs more thought. We can't / shouldn't delete messages from closed
pools. This would be a performance and programming nightmare.

D.