From David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ESME-26 The message parser should ignore # in urls
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 17:14:11 GMT
On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>wrote:

> OK - what do we have to do to solve the problem? Rewrite the parser?

I'm not sure.

I think there are a couple of things... first, we can write some unit tests
for the elements of existing parser and see how it's failing for particular
cases and if there's something that can be done.

If that doesn't work, we can change from stream of characters to a stream of
bytes.  Most of the existing parsing logic should work (or be easily
ported), but we'll have finer control over the byte-streams for non-western
character sets.