From David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deleting user from access pool
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 15:27:14 GMT
On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 2:05 AM, Anne Kathrine Petter√łe <akpetteroe@gmail.com
> wrote:

> I think we should stick with:
>
>> once a message is
>> in the user's mailbox, it stays there.
>>
> as we have agreed upon earlier. No need to delete sent messages.
> A user should be able to read old messages, as he had the permissions to do
> so when they were sent.
> As Dick suggested this morning: "should we just prevent new messages from
> the
> now-forbidden pool going to the user." << this option has my vote.
>
> I think a far more important is what happens if a pool is removed? And if
> yes, what  happens if someone later creates a pool with the same name?

If a pool is deleted, the messages in the users timeline stay, but it is as
if all the users were deleted from the pool.

Pools should not be name-dependent (sorry, I don't remember the current
implementation).  They should have a GUID (think federation) so that the
internal access to the pool is via GUID.  Thus, you can change the name of
the pool.  You can delete the pool and create another with the same name.
 You could conceivably (I don't know if this is a good idea from a
user-perspective) create many pools with the same name.

> /Anne
>

> On 1. okt. 2009, at 10.33, Vassil Dichev wrote:
>
>  Mail to a mailing list or IRC are not very private.
>>
>> Not sure I see the use case here. The user has already read this
>> message. If the team lead didn't want the user to ever read the
>> message, why add the user to the pool in the first place?
>>
>> Anyway, here's the design specifications document:
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/esme-dev/files
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Xuefeng Wu <benewu@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> mail and IM is private but pool is public or group own.
>>> If a team leader create a pool, does he want people who leave pool could
>>> read old message?
>>> I do not think so.
>>>
>>> On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Vassil Dichev <vdichev@apache.org>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>  There are counterexamples- when you send out an email, it's in the

>>> --
>>> Global R&D Center,Shanghai China,Carestream Health, Inc.
>>> Tel:(86-21)3852 6101

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Surf the harmonics