From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ESME-26 The message parser should ignore # in urls
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 20:10:44 GMT
> I think rendering and parsing issues are probably fairly important for
> a 1.0 release in general, as I take "1.0" to be saying "This is ready
> for actual deployments to end-users" and non-developer users tend to
> be fairly unforgiving about rough edges in presentation. On the other
> hand, respecting anchors in URLs may be something we can live without.

I'd like to remind you that there is a workaround, which is known (I
think it was documented in the old google code issue). You can escape
the hash symbol- instead of "#", write "%23". Admittedly, this is not
very intuitive or easy to remember, and it also doesn't work where
URLs are automatically posted by the RSS/Atom action.