From Markus Kohler <markus.koh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ESME-88 Images (urls) in messages don't work with Textile
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2009 08:08:23 GMT
Hi all,
Brizzly (http://brizzly.com/) solved this problem very nicely IMHO.
It automatically detects whether a link points to an image or video and
shows the content inline.
It seems to scale down the media to avoid layout problems.

It does load the media asynchronously in the background, so the perceived
performance is great, because the user can already read the text.

So I think supporting image links might not really be necessary. In general
I would avoid loading images or anything else from an external server,
without the user interacting. e.g. the ESME server could act as a kind of
proxy HTTP server for images coming from external sources.

If someone wants an invite to Brizzly, just let me know.

Regards,
Markus