From Mrinal Wadhwa <mrinal.wad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release 1.0 planning
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2009 07:03:22 GMT
Nope,
I'm not suggesting we use the whole YUI framework ... only suggesting that
we use the YUI CSS Foundation specifically this file
http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.8.0r4/build/reset-fonts-grids/reset-fonts-grids.css

JQuery is a more generic framework ... the CSS foundation does 3 well tested
specific things ... none of which are not built into JQuery so there is not
overlap ..

1. Provide a framework to create Grid based layouts
2. Reset the browser's default CSS so that our CSS is applied from scratch
and does not inherit anything from the browser
3. Provides consistent font size and line height

Thanks,
Mrinal

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>wrote:

> @Mrinal - Do you see a conflict between our already using jQuery and
> the use of YUI? Two UI frameworks = 1 too many?
>
> On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 8:23 AM, Mrinal Wadhwa <mrinal.wadhwa@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Sorry, sent the wrong link.
> > The license is BSD http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/license.html

> [...]