From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Major Bug with sign-up and Open-id
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 08:30:46 GMT
> I just created a JIRA item for this bug (
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-85 ).  Details are on the
> JIRA item
>
> This is a showstopper - I can't test any new functionality, because I
> can't sign-up. :-<
>
> Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
>
> I also tried the signup functionality on my local machine and have the
> same error

Ouch! I think I know where the problem is- currently error messages
are not displayed, so the user is not notified about invalid email
addresses or passwords. Passwords must be at least 6 characters, this
bit me a couple of times until I dug up the source.

As for OpenID, I think it's currently not usable, because you need to
create an account via Sign Up first, and then associate an OpenID
identifier. Associating OpenID with an account is not implemented yet,
though :(

I'll implement error messages to be displayed on the sign up page
ASAP, I'll try for today.

BTW were you successful with customizing Lift UI labels? It should be
very easy, just add text to the xml node...

Vassil