From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ESME at GitHub (was: Turtles all the way down (or how I learned to love math in computing)
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 19:23:27 GMT
I've talked to Anne and we agree that we want to choose the path of
highest development efficiency that stays within the legal bounds of
Apache rules / regulations.  We want the best of both worlds. If just
Apache committers for ESME work on the G2 branch, I'm hoping that
wouldn't be problem.

What we wouldn't want to see is further development efforts for ESME
being moved away from the Apache SVN.  G2 is something different,
because it is changing ESME's core and once the foundation is there in
git I expect that the source moves back to the Apache SVN and we
continue.

Thoughts?

D.