From Andy the destroyer <andythedestro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stats code
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 19:11:25 GMT
Hi Vassil,

If you look at the scala-stats library, you need to look at my fork of it on
my git-hub account (http://github.com/andythedestroyer). I added some more
stats and JMX functionality that ESME is using. I provided a link note in
the pom section of the patch file. I am in contact with stevej it looks like
he is going to merge the changes I made into his master branch; I just need
to finish two more features and write the tests for them.

I am also working on some actors for the scala-stats lib. I would be
interested to see your approach regarding stats and actors.

I agree with you that retrieving stats with messages is a good idea. I even
started to look at what I would need to do to implement it. However, going
through the MsgParser was a nightmare. I am relatively new to Scala and very
new to parser combinators. With no comments in the code I found it very hard
to navigate my way through it and I moved on to other things.

As far as licensing goes, scala-stats is under apache license and aside from
specs only has one dependecy-- configgy, which is also under Apache and it's
only dependecy is MarkdownJ which is BSD. Actually, the configgy dep is
optional. We don't even need it to run with ESME. Although, it might be
worth looking at configgy to manage ESME configs. Just a thought..

I will submit the patch to the Jira ticket.

Keep the faith,
Andy