From Mrinal Wadhwa <mrinal.wad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UI Playground - Mrinal's UI on Stax
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 10:20:04 GMT
Hi Daniel,

No messages for now :)
The message box will probably end up were we have the "Lorem ipsum dolor sit
amet...." text right now

I was just prototyping the concept of having sidebars that Bill Fernandez
had proposed in his UI design.
So I was primarily focusing on these goals ...

1. Sidebars on both sides that can be hidden and shown when needed
2. The UI should be fluid ... that is if someone wants to use the client
from a small, not so obtrusive window ... he/she can just resize a dedicated
browser window .. this could almost serve like a desktop client .. could
work well for phones as well.
3. Sidebars can be intelligent and hide themselves if there isn't enough
space ... this did not make it to the deployed code since Dick was having
some problems deploying it
If you want's to see the resize behavior in action, you can see it here
http://experiments.mrinalwadhwa.com/esme-prototype/
Try resizing your browser window less than 500px width ... this can later be
configurable.

The code also lays down some foundations to build the UI on ... for example
it uses YUI CSS for grids/fonts/reset  ... also if we build on top of JQuery
UI ... we could use JQuery's theme ability
http://jqueryui.com/themeroller/... and build color customization into
our UI

Thank you,
Mrinal