From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Favourites in timeline
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 06:00:29 GMT
> I have just created a Jira task for making favourite messages show up in the
> timeline.
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-76
>
> Not urgent or major, just nice to have feature down the line.

It's my next item on the todo list and I'm already thinking about how to do it.

Note that I we will call it "resent" instead of "favorites". It's
probably better for this feature to be associated with the widely used
retweets, rather than the obscure favorites.

Technically, we already have a "resend" action when a message matches
some filter. I've wondered why a user can't resend a message
explicitly without having an action rule.

Here visual feedback is important- when a resent message arrives in
your timeline, it's a good idea for the user to know how it got there
(it was resent) and who resent it.

I think this serves the intended purpose and is more useful than
Twitter's "favorites". "Favorites" are only for yourself (at least
it's not easy for someone to get at all his friends' favorites), while
"resent" are shared for everyone else to see.

Vassil