From Erik Engbrecht <erik.engbre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Offer my services
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 19:55:17 GMT
re: Linking ActorsWhen two actors are linked, it makes it so that they
notify each other on exit.  So if you have actors A and B, they are linked,
and B exists, then as part of the shutdown process A will notified.  The
default behavior is for A to exit when it receives this notification,
however if you set the trapExit variable on the actor to true the
notification will be done via an Exit message instead (
http://www.scala-lang.org/docu/files/api/scala/actors/Exit.html )

--
http://erikengbrecht.blogspot.com/