From Andy the destroyer <andythedestro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Offer my services
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 19:44:28 GMT
Hi Vassil,

What sort of JMX operations do you have in mind? Reset? Query stats?

I went through the code base this weekend and so far I think I have a pretty
good idea of how things are working. I am a little confused with one thing
however.

What exactly does the scala.actors.Actor.link method do? What does it mean
to "link" an actor to another? No books ( Programming in Scala, Beginning
Scala, Definitive Guide to LIFT), scaladocs or blogs I have found give an
explanation, but I see it peppered through the ESME and LIFT codebase.

Also, the touch method on the Distributor, MessagePullActor and
ScedulerActor is used to load the class like an empty init method, am I
correct in this? After the touch method is called in Boot.scala the class is
initialized which ends with a StartMeUp message sent to the loading Actor (

I just want to make sure I understand things correctly before I go coding
wildly and blindly.

I should be able to start throwing some code together in the next few days.

Thanks,
Andy