From Andy the destroyer <andythedestro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Offer my services
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 00:29:28 GMT
Darren,

I have built the code from the trunk from subversion and got it running (
for the most part; getting a bunch of js exceptions). Anyways, I went
through the unassigned tasks on JIRA and found that most of them were vague
suggestions and did not give a clear starting point. That said I have worked
with JMX a good amount and could add a statistics MBean. What sort of stats
would your want. I was thinking..

Attributes
# messages sent
# groups
uptime
# messages sent last X minutes ( or other metric for general load )
# users total
# users logged in

Operations
# messages sent by group / tag etc.
# messages sent my user
# follows by user
reset

What do you think.  could also work on code documentation. I did notice an
unassigned ticket for that however usually need to work with the code for a
while to understand it in order to document it correctly.

-Andy