From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Pool Branch
Date Sun, 14 Jun 2009 17:45:30 GMT
> @vassil: How far'd are you with the branch? I'd suggest moving it to the
> main trunk - even if it isn't finished. We need to get some momentum back.

Absolutely, getting some momentum back was my goal all along, but
unfortunately didn't have the focus to actually do the final push.

You can now add pools, set read/write/admin permissions to a user in a
pool and send send messages to a certain pool you have write
permissions- both from RESTful API and Web UI. As a result in the
timelines you can only see the messages you have read permissions.

What doesn't work yet is that search and tracking would still retrieve
messages you're not supposed to see; there's also no straightforward
way to list users in a pool and their permissions.

I've planned to finish these within a week, but I can merge to trunk
right away. Do you still prefer the merge?

Vassil