From David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Weird bug
Date Sat, 02 May 2009 13:14:41 GMT
On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 10:57 PM, Vassil Dichev <vdichev@apache.org> wrote:

> > try:
> > if (true) msg.replyTo(1L)
>
> Doesn't work, same error. What does work is either:
>
> if (true) {msg.replyTo(1L); None}

That's weird because the return type of an if w/o else is always Unit.

You may have a little trouble simulating this without Lift as the input type
to replyTo (the thing that the type inferencer seems to be cranky about) is
a view bounds and then the subclass is Long (superclass trait Thing[Owner <:
Mapper[Owner], T]{ def apply[U <% T]: Owner = ... }
ReplyToThing[MappedMessage, Long]{ ... })

Also, this may be fixed in 2.7.4.  Once we get Lift 1.1M1 out the door this
weekend, we're going to turn to doing a maintenance release of 1.0 by
upgrading to 2.7.4 and patching a few bugs (e.g., there are textile parsing
bugs.)  This issue may be fixed in 2.7.4.

Thanks,

David

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Git some: http://github.com/dpp