From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Weird bug
Date Fri, 01 May 2009 21:32:57 GMT
Fastest way to reproduce:

In ESME directory, invoke

mvn scala:console

Then execute the following commands ("scala>" denotes a new prompt)

scala> import org.apache.esme.model.Message
scala> val msg = Message.create
scala> if(true) msg.replyTo(1)

This should raise the following error message:

<console>:7: error: value apply is not a member of Long
       if(true) msg.replyTo(1)

The weirdest thing, though, is that this works!

scala> msg.replyTo(1)

Whatever the problem is, how could it be that a statement works fine
on its own, but doesn't even compile when it's in an "if" statement?

Sounds like a compiler bug to me.

Is anyone able to reproduce this? Any ideas- maybe David?

When I have some time to gather information and if I confirm it's a
compiler bug, I'll report to the scala lang developers.

Vassil