From Erik Engbrecht <erik.engbre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nobody from the ASF is helping (ESME) sustain or build momentum or community
Date Sun, 03 May 2009 15:48:31 GMT
Basically the sponsoring company starts paying a developer to start hacking
a submit patches.  Eventually he should rise through the meritocracy and
become a committer.  Given the current level of activity on ESME and
assuming the developer is decent that shouldn't take long.
I don't think ASF does anything special with regards to sponsorship other
than provide a neutral ground for contributions and a framework that I think
can make corporations feel a little more comfortable with the idea of
letting their IP go out the door.

--
http://erikengbrecht.blogspot.com/